Mastermix Red contains red dye for visualization and pipetting accuracy. A very popular alternative to the regular and colourless mastermix with red dye that can be removed by spin column-based nucleic acid technique. The red dye of this mastermix will not interfere with the PCR process and product. It is a ready-to-use solution that also contains Taq DNA polymerase, MgCl 2 and dNTPs to allow amplification of nucleic acid templates by polymerase chain reaction (PCR). This is recommended for any kind of PCR application like standard PCR, high-yield PCR, fast PCR and etc. Storage at 4 ° C avoids the necessity of thawing the mix before assembling the PCR.No detectable reduction of PCR performance or enzyme activity observed after storage of Mastermix Red for 12 months at 4 ° C. Repeated freeze-thaw cycles will not reduce performance or activity. Available in 100rxns (2x 1.25ml).
CAT No .: SMGBM1-RMM
Size: 100 rxns
Applications of Mastermix Red from Solmeglas:
- Standard PCR
- High-yield PCR
- Fast PCR
- Diagnostic PCR
- High throughput applications
- DNA Amplification with low copy number genes
- TA Cloning
Features of Solmeglas Mastermix Red:
- Inactive at room temperature
- Produces consistent results
- Direct gel loading
- Reduced contamination risks
- High purity
- Leaves adenine bases overhang at 3 ‘bases
- Processes up to 5kb
- No need for a separate loading dye
- Can be loaded into agarose or SDS gels
- Good for visualisation and pipetting accuracy
Storage: Store at -20 ° C or 4 ° C upon receiving
Shelf Life: 2 years after production date
- Evaluated by DNA polymerisation activity assay to measure the percentage of Taq DNA polymerase in inhibited and uninhibited control.
- The functional assay is also performed.
- Components are tested for the absence of DNA, RNAse and exonuclease activities.
- Recombinant Taq DNA polymerase is tested for the absence of exonuclease and single- and double-stranded exonuclease activities.
- The enzyme is more than 90% homogenous as determined by SDS polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.
Guidelines and Recommendations:
- Every appropriate precaution has to be taken into account to avoid cross-contamination.
- Amplification reaction is suggested to be carried out in a DNA-free environment.
- Usage of aerosol-resistant barrier tips is recommended.
- Special care should be taken to prevent contamination with primers or DNA template between individual reactions. PCR products should be analyzed in a separate area from the reaction assembly area.
- In a standard 50 μl reaction, 25 μl of Mastermix Red is used and the remaining 25 μl for the addition of DNA templates.
- If it is required to adjust the Mg 2+ concentration, the volume has to be included in the solution in order to achieve the final reaction volume of 50 μl.
The following protocol is suggested as a guideline when using Mastermix Red. We recommend placing the reactions on ice from pre-chilled components. This protocol is for a reaction size of approximately 50 μl. The reaction size may be adjusted as desired.
Note: For multiple reactions with common components, prepare a master mix of the components common to all reactions to reduce pipetting errors.
- Set up reaction tubes/plates on ice.
- Add the following components to the reaction tube/vessel.
- 25 μl 2X PCR SuperMix
- Primers (200 nM final concentration per first is recommended) *
- Template DNA solution *
* Total volume of primer and template solution should be 25 μl.
- Mix contents and cover with mineral or silicone oil, if necessary.
- Close the caps and load the reaction tubes in a thermal cycler.
- Run the cycling program.